8 replies to this topic

#1 s006adt

s006adt

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Drag Name:Felicia

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:11 PM

Girls, I love to dance, and I use full wigs sometimes, but what is the best way that you can share that will hold them in so tight that you could pull a Chevelle and it still stay on? I know this was discussed before, but it is no longer on here, so I thought I would ask again. Any sharing would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

xoxoxoxoxxx,
Felicia :clapping:

#2 Tiffany Rachels

Tiffany Rachels

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Drag Name:Tiffany Rachels

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:49 PM

And as I said before a staple gun! lol kiddin I just pin the hell out of mine but if you dont have enough hair to catch hold to tap a lil bonding glue around the top edge then the little side things that come close to your ear and the back edge. I don't suggest doing this often as overuse of bonding glue has been known to cause baldness. Whatever you do dont just snatch it off and pull out your hair use some cheap VO5 conditioner rub it in and around it it wil loosen it's grip. Tif
"To you contestants tonight I want to say your not in competion with eachother, your in competition with yourself. It's so much more important to be the best you can be then it is to better then anyone else"............ Cezanne on her give up as Miss National

I'm not a bitch in real life but I can play one in your life if you would like!

Complaining is the denial of responsibility. And blame is just another way of excusing yourself from being responsible.

#3 Jocelyn Summers

Jocelyn Summers

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Drag Name:Jocelyn Deanna Summers

Posted 19 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

if u have some hair.. use a wig cap.. the kind made of panty hose material... use it to cover ur hair right up to the hair line... then use medical grade tape (medical adhesive) to wrap the edges where the wig cap meets ur skin over laping so the cap and skin are both being taped... ..i would say go around 4-5 time to get a good seal.. then pin ur wig primarliy through the tape and various places throughout the wig cap.. that should give u a good hold .. if u r bald then skip the wig cap and just wrap the tape around ur head where the hairline would be... i have seen people do this with duct tape instead of medical adhesive.. and it works .. but i have found that medical adhesive withstands heat and sweat better than duct and when finished it comes off smoother with less residue!!

Jocelyn Deanna Summers

4th Runner-Up To Miss Gay USofA at Large 2010

Miss Gay Florida USofA At Large 2010

Miss Large And Lovely '07 * Miss Florida FI At Large '04

Miss CarrieFairfield.com(at)large 2006-2007

#4 s006adt

s006adt

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

WOW! This is really great information I was not aware of! Thanks so much girls! I am to use both methods! I really appreciate it!

xoxoxoxoxoxxx,

Felicia :clapping:

#5 msalexiyad

msalexiyad

Amateur

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Drag Name:alexiya-nycole chanel davenport

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:16 AM

Take and old pair of pantyhose...Put your head in the hole...tie the legs around and pull tight (I always take asprin before this). If you tie it tight enough then you will not need tape. Bobby pin the wig all the way around and that does it....(criss cross the bobby pins so they form an "X" and that secures it even more).

#6 s006adt

s006adt

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

I took everyone's advice and combined it into one. Honey, oohhhh let me tell you that full wig stayed on for days ma'am!!! Thank you for everyone who helped on the issue. I worked the wig girls! Thanks!

Felicia :)

#7 Kelley Cheval

Kelley Cheval

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,735 posts
  • Drag Name:Kelley Cheval

Posted 30 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

I do back flips, splits, you name it I do it.... I use only full wigs and losing them is not pretty... So I liguid latex mine on... Just a few drops ont the top of the scull cap of the wig and a few on the tabs above the ear, press on to the head and you can flip that sh*t like its real...lol
4 time Miss Gay Cleveland,(including America, USofA, Entertainer of the year)
3 time Miss Gay Canton (including America and USofA)
3 time Miss Gay Akron (including America and USofA)
Miss Interbelt
Miss Ohio UsofA 1988

La Femme Magnifique International 2002
Miss Carrie FairField elite 2008
(Just to name a few of the 28 titles)

#8 TacoriTresses

TacoriTresses

Amateur

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 06:35 PM

There is a new product called liquid gold that is a very strong adhesive you can google it online to find it, it is less than 5.00 but make sure buy the liquid gold remover too because that sucker will be hard to remove without it---

You could also use toupee glue or tape but that might be going overboard--

#9 monique2006

monique2006

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Drag Name:monique moore

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

The best way to keep your wig on trust me before i had all my hair I would wear full wigs and u girls know i can twirl I used to and now started using once again SPIRIT GUM it works well !You can get it at a theatrical shop.OH and for the back opf the hair pin the hell out of it by criss crossing your pins together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users