• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#1 justwannatalk

justwannatalk

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:36 PM

Jasmine Bonet has moved back to ATLANTA with a newer look and a refreshing attitude. You may now see her in action every Monday night with Sophia McIntosh at Uptown Comedy Corner in Buckhead as well as TRAXX Night Club where she has been welcomed back by the club ownership and the cast.

NOW AMERICA, let me preface my next few comments by saying that I have never been a die hard Jasmine fan, in fact, I am tagged as one of the most critical people in Atlanta. However the fact is JASMINE BONET has burned the stage at every performance since coming back. For those entertainers who have visited TRAXX or performed here in Atlanta, you already know that we are probably the most critical fans around, and the hardest to please.

This past Monday night, I bore witnessed to the best back to back performances I have seen thus far this millennium. Racquel Lord had set the TRAXX stage on fire with a sexy dance number that left the crowd wide eyed and on their feet with cheers. Racquel got PAID PAID PAID. But just when you thought that all the money had been made, the emcee announced to the crowd that they should stand to their feet and welcome back MISS JASMINE BONET. The mega sound system pumped the 1st few cords of Beyonce's CRAZY IN LOVE and all of a sudden the Red Curtains on the stage began to move frantically and appearing on cue in a Baby Blue ensemble and white laced stoned panties and stilettos was undoubtedly one of the most BEAUTIFUL impersonators in this country. The crowd jumped from their seats and rushed the stage to get a closer look and money was pouring from the top of the building and the line to show appreciation started forming. Jasmine kicked, shaked, split and rolled across the stage to the beat and the crowd continued to scream and throw money throughout the song. As the song ended Jasmine broke a heel and the emcee requested an audience member to take her other shoe off as they backed the song up to the beginning and she performed it over again to the same crowd response. However, that was not enough. The crowd craved more, more, more so the emcee had the DJ to pump Baby Boy and Jasmine reappeared gyrating to the beat and left us all breathless.

For those of you who may be doubtful and thought that this performance was a fluke. Well let me share with you what happened last night at Mr and Miss Traxx. Stasha Sanchez was called out to perform and she did a nice Toni Braxton number and then it was JASMINE. Selecting to perform Beyonce's Naughty Girl, she appeared from the curtain dressed in a shear flowing cape and panty and sickening shoes. She seductively won over the critical PAGEANT crowd and left us again wanting more. So what did the DJ do, he pumped up Crazy in Love and the Crowd lost their mind. She probably raked in an additional $150 in tips on that one song alone. As I looked around the club all I saw were smiles on people faces and mouths opened wide in amazement. PEOPLE THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.

I am posting this information on here because I truly hope that Jasmine may have the opportunity to read this or someone in her camp will communicate this to her.

GIRL PLEASE DON'T LET US DOWN AGAIN. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, STAY FOCUSED AND WE WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT YOU. ALL WE WANT FROM YOU IS YOU. THE BEAUTY, THE TALENT, THE GRACE, THE FACE OF JASMINE BONET.

#2 OceanSeaGal

OceanSeaGal

Goddess

• 1,832 posts
  • Drag Name:Jamie Leigh Michaels

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:59 PM

JWT...got to tell you, I felt your enthusiasm in your posting. Thanks for sharing the return of Ms. JB to Atlanta.... :censored:
Life is short...make the most of what you get and appreciate what your given.

#3 Lex

Lex

Goddess

• Charter
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:12 PM

Glad to read that! No doubt that Jasmine has always been sickening--always will be. Sounds like some kind of a comeback.

#4 AVK

AVK

Promoter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 02:31 PM

I got all choked up reading your post! After all the hateful things that have been said about the whole TRAXX show cast not getting along, it's ssooooo good to hear news to the contrary! I wish Jasmine well. Maybe being back home is just the shot in the arm she needs. Your note to her was heartfelt and I feel your sincerity, and thanks for letting us know. We can now exhale, everything's going to be alright, and Continental next year(not to rush Erika's reign) is going to be mind boggling) :censored: The support Atlanta gives it's girls is unmatched!
"If you don't say so much, you don't have so much to take back!"

#5 Ziggy

Ziggy

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:00 PM

WOW! Thank you for the elaborate update! You Atlanta folks are lucky! :o

I read all the posts before and after this year's Miss Continental pageant concerning Jasmine, there was SO much hype about her going in, she was the person I was most looking forward to seeing in competition. Prelim night she delivered, I lived for that gorgeous blue gown, the black swimsuit (whew, that body!), and the talent. Immediately, I was a fan, regardless of what happened after that, and I know that I always will be
"I'm odd looking. Sometimes I think I look like a funny muppet."--Angelina Jolie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlotte: "Imagine being blind and not being able to see a beautiful day like today. Can you imagine anything worse?"
Anthony: "Stonewashed jeans and a matching jacket."

#6 BADBOY1

BADBOY1

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 03:42 PM

I have always been a very big fan of Jasmine Bonet. I'm glad to hear that she is back in ATL. I will have to visit TRAXX on Monday night after Universe!

#7 thejumpoff

thejumpoff

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:15 PM

I was informed by a friend that Jasmine had worked the crowd this past Monday and as a result, I, too, started a discussion in the Continental thread. It is far from detailed and descriptive than this, though. Thank you for breaking it down to us. After reading your post, you've got me..."speechless."

#8 Marc

Marc

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:53 PM

I am very happy to hear that Jasmine is back in the ATL. She is truly a wonderful entertainer. Jasmine if you are reading this post I am the brotha that hugged you at Continental after the top five was announced. I told you then, and I am telling you now that you will win Ms. Continental. Just go back and bring the most complete package, and the choice will be obvious. We LOVE you in DC!

#9 Venus

Venus

Goddess

• Charter
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:59 PM

I guess jumpoff will read me, or at least attempt......what happened to ur girl in Orlando? She came back quickly....no disrepect, man...but your girl came back cause Miss Norell, sent your girl packin...?

#10 thejumpoff

thejumpoff

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:19 PM

I guess jumpoff will read me, or at least attempt......what happened to ur girl in Orlando?    She came back quickly....no disrepect, man...but yo girl came back cause Miss Norell, sent yo girl packin...?

It's obvious you care a WHOLE lot since you're wondering what happened to her in Orlando and why she's back in Atlanta. Get off her tit and give her some credit, damnit! :angry:

#11 thejumpoff

thejumpoff

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:24 PM

Matt, I love Erika but there is no way that Jasmine packed her bags because of Ms. Norell. I'm sure they both respect each other and are not into "clawing" at one another. Besides, they are among the most beautiful fish species out there. Mind you, I only use those words to describe "real" women... :angry: ;)

#12 Venus

Venus

Goddess

• Charter
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:49 PM

thejumpoff....I appreciate the info. I aint right all the time, and i really meant no disrespect.. Yes, Jasmine is back, which is cool, cause i think she's a great entertainer......my only point being being, u bois wanna always compare Raquel, Jasmine..Stasha, Sasha.........but u bois dont ever mention Ashley Cruiz, Raven...Lauren Lemasters.....know what i mean?

#13 thejumpoff

thejumpoff

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 08:54 PM

thejumpoff....I appreciate the info. I aint right all the time, boo...Yes, Jasmine is back, which is cool, man.....my only point being being, u cool  bois wanna always compare Raquel, Jasmine..Stasha, Sasha.........but u bois dont ever mention Ashley Cruiz, Raven...Lauren Lemasters.....know what i mean?

That's the whole point. They shouldn't be mentioned! Now, if you wanna throw in Monica, Mimi, Danielle, Erica Andrews, Sierrah Foxx or Toni Denise, then you have a great mix. That's what I'm talkin' bout! :angry: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

#14 Venus

Venus

Goddess

• Charter
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:05 PM

We'll leave it it that...it's all good. :angry:

#15 Venus

Venus

Goddess

• Charter
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 09:57 PM

Just an opinion, Jumpoff......we all have our favorites...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users