This announcement was made on The Unlimited Corner (our Facebook page) and is also on the website USAUnlimited.org. For more information please visit our website or The Unlimited Corner.
In an effort to continue on our mission to become among the strongest contest system in the country, the USA Unlimited Board voted this week to make a few changes as we begin our 2012 contest season. While we understand that all changes will not be viewed as positive to every member of the family, we have always tried to keep the viewpoint of our contestants and promoters in the forefront.
With all of this in mind, the following changes are effective immediately: (1) the categories of Swimwear and Sportswear will be eliminated from the Unlimited contest system, and (2) the category of Creative Presentation will replace those two categories and also be added to our Classique & At-Large divisions.
*As a result Mr. Unlimited, Mr. Unlimited @ Large, Mr. Unlimited Classique, and Mr. Unlimited Newcomer will all have the same four categories:
Interview, Talent, Creative Formalwear, and Creative Presentation
*Miss Unlimited, Miss Unlimited @ Large, Miss Unlimited Classique, and Miss Unlimited Newcomer will have all the same four categories:
Interview, Talent, Evening Gown, and Creative Presentation
Here is the USA Unlimited version of the new Category:
This presentation will be one of the first impressions that you give to the judges and it is also where you can be the most creative. The category of Creative Presentation is focused on the sub-categories of creativity, content, delivery, general appearance, and stage presence. The time limit in this category is three (3) minutes and contestants are required to bring his/her own music and turn it in at registration. Props may be used in the presentation category but you not have prop set-up or break-down time. The prop must simply be incorporated in your presentation and must also be removed immediately after your presentation is over.
• 3-minute time limit
• Contestant must introduce themselves: Name, Title representing, & where they are from
• Focus on creativity
• Handheld props only – no set-up or break down time
• No restrictions on number of people involved in the presentation
• Cannot create danger to the contestant or any other person
• Music must be provided for this presentation
Judging of this category will be a total of 20 points per judge. This category will be comparative judging so it is important to remember that your creative presentation will be ranked against the other contestants. In the case of a preliminary and final night layout of a national contest, the scores of this presentation will carry over from preliminary judging to the final night scores along with personal interview.
Sub-Categories for Judging:
• Creativity – transcending ideas into new original, progressive, and imaginative interpretations
• Content / Clarity – did the message or point of the presentation get across clearly and was the contestant clear in speaking voice
• Delivery – a clean 3-minute presentation that had content and creativity and most of all is entertaining
• General Appearance – hair & make-up suitability, style, outfit or costume must suit the presentation
• Stage Presence – maintaining the starring role
TIPS for Creative Presentation:
• This category should be a representation of you or your talents
• You can lip-sync a song, act out a monologue, or showcase a dance routine as long as you meet the criteria of the Category Overview
• Remember to review the final version against the sub-categories
• The introduction can be mixed in with the song, spoken during the presentation, or spoken before or after you begin the presentation
• Remember it is comparative – meaning your Creative Presentation will be ranked against those of your competitors!
Usa Unlimited Contests
1 reply to this topic
Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:07 PM
what a major change!!!!! I am looking forward to this playing out!!! can't wait to see the first prrelim and teh creativity that comes out...got ideas already!
I am ONYX D'VOGUE...son of the D'Vogue's of St. Olaf who are distant relatives of the legendary Nobody Family who are pool cleaners to the celebrities of the hood who are great descendants of the D'Nobody family of acient Egypt who wrote on the pyramid walls of the love affair with the vogues of sicily...I am born Somebody D' Vogue and christened Onyx D'Vogue...lol
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users