7 replies to this topic

#1 MizzNickyLaLa

MizzNickyLaLa

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Drag Name:Nicky Lazaro

Posted 15 March 2005 - 03:29 AM

I am looking for the nude/illusion body material that queens most often use for dance numbers, gowns, and dresses to give the appearance of being nude. They will usually embellish with rhinestones, mirrors, etc.

I'm trying to find the thicker, more opague fabric instead of the thinner, see-thru, more lightweight fabric that is most used on the chest area in some gowns.

The ideas that I have are not really innovative or anything, they've already been done. They are standard showgirl numbers that I want to be body suits that are fully nude everywhere except for the breast area which will be heavily stoned with ABS, as well as along the wrists and other areas. It could possibly flair off into an ostrich feathered skirt or bustle (leaving the crotch bare and rhinestoned).

Now that you see the idea, I'm hoping you know where to point me. As you can tell by my picture, I'm a brownskinned girl, and I'm looking for the appropriate tone... I think it is actually called CARAMEL instead of NUDE.

I haven't been able to find it in ANY fabric stores and desperately want to get on track and make this.

Any info you can point me to would be vastly appreciated.

Muahz,

Nicky Lazaro
be all you can't be:.

#2 DragDepot

DragDepot

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Drag Name:Kyllie West

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:42 PM

Would a "suntan" color work?
If so, email me at kyllie[at]dragdepot.com

#3 bear in boots

bear in boots

Amateur

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:50 PM

A great source for the net you are talking about and for TONS of other great "drag" fabrics is Mary Jo's fabrics. It's located in Gastonia NC. Thay have mail order and the ladies in the bridal dept. are very helpful and are very open minded about all the nice things they have there. They also are a great source for rhinstones, rhinestone buttons, rhinsstone ropeing, beaded fringe, rayon fringe, and just about any kind of trim you are lookng for. You can call info for Gastonia (it's the 704 area code) I really didn't know if i should post the number or not.....but it's well worth the time to get it.
Hope that helps you out!
Ron

#4 pageantfan69

pageantfan69

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Drag Name:Former name: Adrienne Munro - drag free since 94

Posted 24 March 2005 - 12:17 PM

Carol's Fabrics in Brunswick, OH specializes in all stretch fabrics. 1000's of bolts of stretch velvets, laces, leathers, prints, nudes, sheers. Also they carries all the swarovski crystal colors but only in sizes 30ss, 20ss, 16ss, and 8ss. (nothing bigger than a pencil eraser) Fringe, beaded trims, rhinestone chain, notions...Everything but feathers. They do mail order also at 330-225-4436. Closed Wed & Sun. April 2-9th they are having their annual customer appreciation sale. with 50% off all fabric. One yard minimum. I bet they would do mail order for that too if you acted like you knew all about the sale.
For those who always think the grass is greener on the other side...Just Remember...You still have to mow it.

#5 Jocelyn Summers

Jocelyn Summers

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Drag Name:Jocelyn Deanna Summers

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:08 PM

i usually use swimwear lining (like a spandex) from Jo-Ann Fabrics here in town.. if you want something thicker you and can not find a thick "nude: material... you can use a White spandex(which can usually be found anywhere) and dye it to match your skin tone.. I have had a problem finding tights locally to fit my hips.. tan or nude tights that are sheer to waist are few and far between in my area , so i have found white tights that work and i just dye them to match.

Jocelyn Deanna Summers

4th Runner-Up To Miss Gay USofA at Large 2010

Miss Gay Florida USofA At Large 2010

Miss Large And Lovely '07 * Miss Florida FI At Large '04

Miss CarrieFairfield.com(at)large 2006-2007

#6 azunique

azunique

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Drag Name:azunique

Posted 27 March 2005 - 11:03 AM

Alright for using my store for Drag ......
We do carry a swimwear lining in a deep caramel color from seeing your pics mamita it might fit your skin tone ....it runs 9.99 a yard if you sign up for preferred mailer you get 40 % off of any fabric ......

Ps If you ever come to Dallas come to my store on Preston and Forest ..I'l hook you up ..... :mwah:
facebook Azunique D Larue
Daughter of the Legendary and Beloved LAYLA LARUE!! Miss TC's Texas Usofa @ large 2011
Miss Dallas FFI @ Large '08
Texas EOY 1st RU

#7 s006adt

s006adt

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Drag Name:Felicia

Posted 27 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

I like using the power netting. I think it looks the best. This is just my opinion though.

Felicia :mwah:

#8 Amanda Hugginkiss

Amanda Hugginkiss

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • Drag Name:Amanda Hugginkiss

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:51 AM

Is the swimsuit lining from Joann's the satiny shiny material they have in several colors,or is it something more matte? I haveheard of dying this type of material as well as nude bodysuits in order for them to match darker skin tones, but I wasn't sure how well the lycra accepted dye, or if there is a special process to dying this type of fabric...(JD how do you dye yours?)
I am only truly at home in the light of a spotlight.
Judy Garland

The more comfortable I get with myself, the less I feel the need to seek acceptance from others...
Jamie Lee Curtis

I like Joan Rivers! I love that she has a big dirty mouth that gets her into trouble all the time
Sharon Gless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users