26 replies to this topic

#16 mia landon

mia landon

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Drag Name:Mia

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:07 AM

I would like to share a few comments regarding this month's interview with Tina Devore.

First, Tiffany, you are like a fine bottle of wine in regards to your interviews here on this site. They just keep getting better and better with time. This was an outstanding, yet brief glimpse into the world, mind and memories of a living female impersonation LEGEND. Excellent job indeed. Congratulations.

Secondly, this interview reminds this reader of why Tina Devore has had the career that she has had. I was honored and cherish till this day the fact that the first pageant that I won was the Miss Atlanta Queen of Hearts 1997 title; a Tina Devore pageant and one of a long and very rich heritage. The support that I received from Tina over the years is mind boggling. Like Wendy Williams, I agree, there is no face that you want to see sitting at a judges table to make you feel comfortable more than that of Tina Devore. Brilliant mind, beautiful soul and unabashedly honest. I wish the best to my dear friend and sister, Tina, as she embarks on another journey to reach the top of her craft as Miss Continental Elite 2006.

Lastly, Carrie, you did yourself a great favor in adding Tiffany Rachels to your staff here at CF.com Congratulations on such a smart business decision. She continues to add value, heart and class to this site and its mission.

With warmest regards,

Mia Landon :mwah:

#17 VICKI V

VICKI V

VICKI VALENTINO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts
  • Drag Name:VICKI VALENTINO

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:25 AM

When I grow up ......I wanna be JUST like "TINA" !!!

Gimme more .....Gimme more ...of ...."Ms. Devore"

:mwah: ,

VICKI VALENTINO

Some "things" have to END....so that others can BEGIN...

Bishop Wyatt I. Greenlee Jr.

"The SCORES are the SCORES"

#18 AVK

AVK

Promoter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

What an outstanding interview! I met Tina at USA Classic when she gave up the title. I drove to St Louis, 'cause I'd heard much about her, but had never seen her. She was professional and graceful. And I knew nothing of her journey, and am impressed greatly. Thanks for the interview. It's so important that we maintain the history of our entertainers, showing where the art form has blazed it's trail from to now. These interviews are one of the best components of CF.com, and why I keep my membership. THanks again, Tina for your graciousness and candor, and Rachel for your interview choices. They just keep getting better and better.
"If you don't say so much, you don't have so much to take back!"

#19 STEVENWAYNE

STEVENWAYNE

Amateur

• Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Drag Name:Stephanie St. Clair

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:09 PM

Fabulous interview! I love me some Tina Devore!!! I met Tina when I was first entering the pageant world, and I'll never forget how nice she was to me during the Miss World pageant. She is a class act!
Come see me in Vegas Tina!
Love,
Steven

#20 MizzNickyLaLa

MizzNickyLaLa

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Drag Name:Nicky Lazaro

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:47 PM

good to learn much more about someone you hear sooo much about when you look up the history of pageants and drag... wonderful.

nicky
be all you can't be:.

#21 KansasCityLoreal

KansasCityLoreal

Daughter

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Drag Name:Loreal-Big Hair! Big Mouth! Big Fun!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:53 AM

I first heard of Miss Tina Devore at my first trip to a national pageant, Miss Gay USA

#22 KansasCityLoreal

KansasCityLoreal

Daughter

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Drag Name:Loreal-Big Hair! Big Mouth! Big Fun!

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:01 AM

DAMN, i hit the wrong key in the previous reply. back to Tina. I first heard of her back at Miss USA in Indianapolis. Tina has always been the ultimate in professionalism. She never forgets where she is, and better yet, who is watching. Her comments on Lisa King are right on. Miss King was a skinny black girl who could sing Jennifer Holiday, not only with every word but every breath. It was scary how she did "And I am telling you!" I have been judged at nationals by Miss Devore and she was always fair, but more importantly-honest. Best of luck to Tina in future endeavors!

#23 butchQUEENnDRAG

butchQUEENnDRAG

Daughter

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Drag Name:Ayauna

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

Miss Tiffany

I must say that this is yet one of the best interviews you have done here on CF. The other one was with Tommie Ross. From this interview with Miss Tina, I gained so much knowledge and clarity on her expereicne and challenges she has endured. Some of the things that Miss Devore went through - other African American entertainers are going through at this present time. I feel as though I am not alone but am more motivated to rise above all that may come in that sense as a result of this interview with a DIVA named DEVORE - I thought that I was the only one (one of few) who went through prejudices within our culture(s) and/or subcultures that may be within another culture.

I give you Miss Tina mad props as a young entertainer because you give me inspiration to go on with pride while making this art form a job - I know first hand how the community shuns the dolls and it hurts - especially when its coming from TRADE (lol) or even someone who you are just cool with who may not have known you did drag. Its one thing to be gay but its another can of worms to be a DQ.

In addition to all of that said - Miss Tina DeVore I wish you all the best in your quest for Elite and to you Miss Tiff - I thank you for bringing to the light a legend of color worth knowing and learning more about!

Signing off

Luv Miss Duv
Kourtni Capree Duv
Tacoma LaFemme Magnifique 2003
Http://Members.BlackPlanet.com/4EvaLaFemme

#24 cmartin

cmartin

National Titleholder

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Drag Name:Tina Devore

Posted 12 March 2006 - 02:28 PM

Miss Tiffany

I must say that this is yet one of the best interviews you have done here on CF. The other one was with Tommie Ross. From this interview with Miss Tina, I gained so much knowledge and clarity on her expereicne and challenges she has endured. Some of the things that Miss Devore went through - other African American entertainers are going through at this present time. I feel as though I am not alone but am more motivated to rise above all that may come in that sense as a result of this interview with a DIVA named DEVORE - I thought that I was the only one (one of few) who went through prejudices within our culture(s) and/or subcultures that may be within another culture.

I give you Miss Tina mad props as a young entertainer because you give me inspiration to go on with pride while making this art form a job - I know first hand how the community shuns the dolls and it hurts - especially when its coming from TRADE (lol) or even someone who you are just cool with who may not have known you did drag. Its one thing to be gay but its another can of worms to be a DQ.

In addition to all of that said - Miss Tina DeVore I wish you all the best in your quest for Elite and to you Miss Tiff - I thank you for bringing to the light a legend of color worth knowing and learning more about!

Signing off

Luv Miss Duv
Kourtni Capree Duv
Tacoma LaFemme Magnifique 2003
Http://Members.BlackPlanet.com/4EvaLaFemme

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kourtni,

Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you enjoyed the interview. It is young entertainers like yourself that keep me focused and determined to make a difference in this business. You are a true inspiration. Keep up the good work.

Any time you'd like to chat, you may reach me at usofaclassic[at]aol.com.

Warmest regards,
Tina

#25 MayaMc

MayaMc

Amateur

• Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Drag Name:Maya McNeil

Posted 23 April 2006 - 12:38 PM

I think this article was a long overdue piece of literature! Tina you are fabulous and a different type of impersonator. You also have a magnificent story to tell and I think we only scratched the surface in this article. I truly do believe that articles like this provide direction for so many other impersonators who are out there and are successful, but are not doing it with class elegance and grace. Tina has done that and at pageants you see she is constantly in education mode, and it is effortless. She is just being herself and I think it is remarkable of how strong an impact she has.

In closing, please keep more articles like this one coming! I would love to hear from Tommie Ross, Niesha Dupree, and/or Nicole Dubois the current reigning MGA '06.

Thanks!

#26 Tiffany Rachels

Tiffany Rachels

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Drag Name:Tiffany Rachels

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

Maya thanks for your kind words and just so you know if you check the archives the last two interviews where that of Nicole and Tommie. Happy reading! Tiffany
"To you contestants tonight I want to say your not in competion with eachother, your in competition with yourself. It's so much more important to be the best you can be then it is to better then anyone else"............ Cezanne on her give up as Miss National

I'm not a bitch in real life but I can play one in your life if you would like!

Complaining is the denial of responsibility. And blame is just another way of excusing yourself from being responsible.

#27 cmartin

cmartin

National Titleholder

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Drag Name:Tina Devore

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:54 AM

I think this article was a long overdue piece of literature! Tina you are fabulous and a different type of impersonator. You also have a magnificent story to tell and I think we only scratched the surface in this article. I truly do believe that articles like this provide direction for so many other impersonators who are out there and are successful, but are not doing it with class elegance and grace. Tina has done that and at pageants you see she is constantly in education mode, and it is effortless. She is just being herself and I think it is remarkable of how strong an impact she has.

In closing, please keep more articles like this one coming! I would love to hear from Tommie Ross, Niesha Dupree, and/or Nicole Dubois the current reigning MGA '06.

Thanks!

Maya, Again, thanks for the kind sentiment. I am truly humbled. Much Love, and God Bless you.

Tina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users