• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 kennybales

kennybales

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

Great interview and a wonderful entertainer.
KENNY BALES

MIDWEST PAGEANTRY

BEST PRELIMINARY
FOR ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR
2004, 2005 & 2006

#17 dallasdrag

dallasdrag

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,047 posts
  • Drag Name:Fallon Scott

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:59 PM

FAB JOB, KHORI!

Dina is such a class act!!!!!!! :)
Fallon Scott
Miss CarrieFairfield 2008
Miss Oh No She Didn't 2009 Emeritus
DRAGHISTORY.WEBS.COM

#18 BigMommaWolfChase

BigMommaWolfChase

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Drag Name:"Big Momma"

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:11 PM

Very seriously posting this, and am very serious about not wanting to stir up an issues, but what are the reasons (and I am sure they are good andwell founded) that the USA winners before Jerry are not reconized??? I only ask this because even Louise & Thelma reconize the former MGA's from when Norman owned it.......

maybe something contractual???

Just curious....I totally support the USofA system and Jerry Bird......they know how to put on a great pageant....

Hugszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Big Momma
Big Momma WolfChase
Miss International Inc. Classic 2010, Emeritus
Honored Receipient of the 2010 CF.com Humanatarian Award

#19 Luis

Luis

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 03:25 AM

Dina Jacobs is an inspiration. She has been there and done that in an era where she saw and knew all the great drag legends. She is greatly appreciated and I am glad she is around today to spread her love and joy of drag. She knows how much those of us that love drag really appreciate our entertainers. How we would love to honor them again and again while we can.
Girl, I ate the sh!t out of them tacos.

Girl, is it just me, or did we stop off on the side of the road and buy some tacos?

Is that safe?

--Amaya, in her great Carolina accent, all during the course of the evening after USofA At-Large 2008 in San Antonio, when we stopped off and bought some tacos from a taco truck...a long time TX, and especially, San Antonio tradition!

#20 SummerKnightAtl

SummerKnightAtl

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Drag Name:Summer Knight

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

I am one of the ones that likes to dig into the history of drag and the artform of female impersonation!

I always love getting to walk into a bar and getting to see Dina every now and again! I can't wait til she can come back! :-D A lot of young entertainers, dont really get it. The history and legacy that is so great and rich. They just see putting on a bra and panty, a little gloss and a bad wig; then call it drag. A lot of them have attitudes that really should just stay home and practice some more, rather than keep thinking they're so grand. :rolleyes:

Dina and so many others paved a way for entertainers like myself...I am so grateful and honored to know her! :) She's such a warm and humble individual! Oh yeah, she's a hoot as well! :-D

I too had no clue that Dina was that old, but I guess being old is only a state of mind...Legendary is a state of being!

Great job Miss Ross! ! ! :D

Summer Knight
Miss Atlanta Showgirl 2009-10 * Miss Tennessee All American Goddess 2009 * 4th Alternate to Miss All American Goddess
Miss Mississippi USOfA 2009 * Miss East Coast USofA 2008 * Miss MSTN Emeritus * Miss LeBuzz 2008 * Miss ANF 2008

#21 Tyler Alyxander

Tyler Alyxander

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts
  • Drag Name:Tyler Alyxander

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Dina, Dina, Dina...that was my own chant and not left over from USQ!

Don't take this the wrong way but you were a legend when I first started and one of the names that was easily recognizable. I hope that one day we will be able to meet in person. You were, are and will continue to be an inspiration not only to the up-and-comers but to those of us who remember fondly days-gone-by!

Keep up the good work and here's to a new title added to your list!

Regards!

Tyler Alyxander, Miss NY Continental Elite 2013, Miss NJ Continental Emeritus, Miss CarrieFairfield Elite 2006, Miss NYC FFI 2003, Miss Gay NJ-America 1990

Founder/Promoter - Miss Empire City FI/Mr. Empire City ME

Co-founder - Beacon Light Fund

#22 Carolina

Carolina

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:38 AM

What a lovely trip down memory lane with Dina Jacobs ! Roby Landers...Audrey Brian...Bertha...Roskie...Orlando...Andrea....All Chicago legends ! Miss Jacobs has seen it all and shares it with the young ones...!
What a wonderful asset she has been (through the years) to the art form! Thanks Dina !

#23 texman

texman

Drag Queen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:23 AM

WOW, I have known this person for 40 years. She is in Houston now to attend Miss Texas USofA Classic. Great article for a wonderful entertainer. Love you mamma!!

JB

#24 MirageMommy

MirageMommy

Drag Princess

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Drag Name:DeyJzah Mirage

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:42 PM

:) omigod this interview was spectacular! Dina is an Icon!
Specializing in Sparkling...I Am The Spectacle of Spectacular

"I CAME THROUGH THE DOOR AS A NATIONAL ENTERTAINER, AND CROWNED OR NOT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I LEAVE AS ANYTHING ELSE....I DO THIS 5 TIMES A WEEK 52 WEEKS A YEAR. I'VE BEEN ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS IN 15 STATES ASK ABOUT ME." ONSTAGE QUESTION ANSWER AT OHIO VALLEY EOY 06

WELL I GUESS ITS TIME TO GET BACK ON THE GRIND!

#25 1987MGA

1987MGA

Amateur

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Drag Name:Blaze Starr

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

What a wonderful article. I've known Dina for many years and when I moved to Atlanta in1986 she offered her hand of friendship. She made me feel proud to be an entertainer and to stand up for things I believed and treat everyone with respect. She's one of the few human beings who can tell you the truth without being brutal and condescending. I will always be grateful God let our paths cross.

In My Prayers,
Blaze Starr

#26 Constantine

Constantine

Diva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Drag Name:Constantine

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:10 AM

After meeting Dina this weekend in Houston, I was truly impressed by her both as an entertainer and as a person. She is the kind of person that you automatically feel comfortable around, and she just has a great perspective on life. I am so happy to have met her!
Constantine
Mr. Gay Bergen County
Mr. New Orleans Gay Pride 2008-2009
Mr. Gay North Carolina USofA 2009, 1st Alternate
Amon Ra's Mr. America 2007
Mr. Gay Central States USA Unlimited 2007, Representative

Click here to visit me on MySpace!

#27 Khori T. Ross

Khori T. Ross

Ms Ross

• 7,026 posts
  • Drag Name:Khori Ross

Posted 21 April 2009 - 02:33 PM

DINA, DINA, DINA...

Fabulous.

I am so happy to get to meet you. You really showed them how it's done.
The only thing we have in our lives that no one can take away from us is OUR CHOICES...Dina Jacobs.

I go insane, crazy sometime, trying to keep you from losing your mind. Open your eyes, see what's in front of your face. Save me my fistfull of tears--Maxwell

#28 Jocelyn Summers

Jocelyn Summers

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts
  • Drag Name:Jocelyn Deanna Summers

Posted 22 April 2009 - 12:39 AM

omg .. i was so surprised to see her at Miss FL USofA at Lg... i was about to go into interview and she walked in .. so good to see the diva looking amazing!!

jds

Jocelyn Deanna Summers

4th Runner-Up To Miss Gay USofA at Large 2010

Miss Gay Florida USofA At Large 2010

Miss Large And Lovely '07 * Miss Florida FI At Large '04

Miss CarrieFairfield.com(at)large 2006-2007

#29 Tiffany Rachels

Tiffany Rachels

Goddess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Drag Name:Tiffany Rachels

Posted 22 April 2009 - 01:26 PM

It was a great pleasure to get to meet her finally at the pageant this weekend. She was very kind and I enjoyed her and this interview!
"To you contestants tonight I want to say your not in competion with eachother, your in competition with yourself. It's so much more important to be the best you can be then it is to better then anyone else"............ Cezanne on her give up as Miss National

I'm not a bitch in real life but I can play one in your life if you would like!

Complaining is the denial of responsibility. And blame is just another way of excusing yourself from being responsible.

#30 LeslieRyan the 1

LeslieRyan the 1

Amateur

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Drag Name:Leslie Ryan

Posted 01 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

We met at Miss Suncoast in 1974. I am so glad to have her back into my life. Going to USofA Classic $248.00, attending USofA, $50.00, Spending time with DINA JACOBS, PRICELESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users